Everyone has them, including you! They are the songs you hate to love (more than you love to hate them). Every part of your brain screams at you for enjoying the song, but it has a secure place in your heart. There is no logic behind guilty pleasure songs, so don’t look for them.
When someone admits to you that they like one of these songs, you laugh in their face. But then you rush home and play the song 15 times in a row.
Of course, long-time readers will know that GUILTIEST of guilty pleasures is Blog Hero Rick Astley. However, for this post, Rick Astley will be moved to the side.
So, I present to you, my Top Five Guilty Pleasures!
– “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard
– “Rock Your Body” by Justin Timberlake
– “I Swear” by All-4-One. I danced to this at every bar mitzvah I went to!
And now on to the list!
5) “Apache” by the Sugarhill Gang. (This was the best video version I could find, sadly)
4) “Buttons” by the Pussycat Dolls. This will be stuck in your head for 2 weeks now. And, uhhh…nice video, too!
OK, GREAT video. No questions asked.
3) “More Than Words” by Extreme. The pure embodiment of a “monster ballad.” So cheesy and over the top…but, c’mon…it’s “More Than Words!”
2) “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. This is all you need to know. So soupy it’s become classic.
And the most guiltiest pleasure of all:
1) “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot. You know every word. And you’ve almost caused four accidents on major highways while rocking out to it in your car. Maybe that’s just me…